There are a number of reasons why it may make sense to avoid the MLS when selling your house in Detroit. In this post, we give you reasons that you may want to sell directly instead of listing it!
Sellers now know that they have choices when selling their house in Detroit. For some homeowners, a traditional property listing will work. However, for other homeowners, the process is expensive and cumbersome. It is important to look into your house as well as what is happening in your local housing market. For many local homeowners, avoiding the MLS can totally pay off! In the below article we list a few of the reasons why you quite possibly could be better off working with a direct cash home buyer!
When you list your house on the MLS in Detroit it can cost you quite a large sum of money. After adding up all of the costs, you may discover that it just does not make sense to list your house with a Detroit real estate agent. Below names just a few of the costs that you will have to pay when selling your house in Detroit on the traditional market:
- Repairs – When selling your house in Detroit, you will probably be faced with repair costs both before and after the inspection process. If you decide to repair your property, ensure the returns make the repair costs worth it!
- Cleaning – Whether you decide to clean the house yourself or hire a professional, getting it prepared for the market takes time and money. A lot of people may have the carpets cleaned, and the outside power-washed in addition to the standard cleaning that must be done.
- Advertising – In a few cases, house sellers will have to pay for the marketing of their house when working with a Detroit real estate agent. Some agents will have you pay for the photography, staging, premium listings, and marketing materials which can all add up quickly.
- Holding – Have you calculated what it is costing you to own your house? Many people are surprised to see the totals when looking at how much they are spending on the home every month. A mortgage, utility costs, maintenance, repairs, taxes, insurance, and everything else an owner has to pay for can really put a dent in any potential profits you hope to see from the house.
- Commissions – When using a real estate agent in Detroit, you can expect to spend about 6% of your final sale amount in agent commissions. While this is worth it for some properties, for many others saving this money is a better option.
- Closing Costs – As a seller, you can expect to pay 1-3% in closing costs for the sale of your Detroit house.
With a direct sale to Amaze Properties LLC, you can be sure that selling your house in Detroit fast is possible, without any of the main costs or fees. You will not have to pay commissions, closing costs, or make any repairs. You will be able to end your holding costs in just days!
With a direct and straightforward offer from Amaze Properties LLC, you will be able to know exactly what to expect and when we can close. You will not have to worry about the back and forth, having to make repairs, or offer any sort of credit in order to get someone to buy. In many situations, a potential buyer will want to negotiate the sale price after the inspection and appraisal have been completed. You can avoid this with a direct sale.
Keep Strangers Out
When your property is listed on the MLS, people are going to want to come and see it. We have worked with a number of house sellers who had tried to list their homes in Detroit without any luck. One thing most sellers do not like when it comes to the process of showing their home was that it required them to always have strangers walking through their homes. They had to keep their properties clean and constantly be ready to leave the property at any particular moment if someone decided that they wanted a showing to come and see it. This can be a major burden, especially if you have a large family.
Selling a house fast in Detroit can make a huge difference in your overall profits. Your costs to hold on to the home will add up much quicker than you may think. Before you list your property, be sure to factor in what it is costing you to own. Everything from the monthly utilities to the property taxes to the routine maintenance costs will all add up. Plus, there will likely be repairs and other things that come up that are not always considered. Add these costs to a mortgage, if you have a mortgage, and you could be looking at thousands of dollars per month. Now if your house sits on the market for a long time, you can see how these numbers will really add up over time.
Avoiding the MLS in Detroit can be beneficial for many reasons. Get in touch with our team to find out if a direct sale of your Detroit house is right for you!