You want to sell your Detroit house, and you want to get top dollar.
But “What do I need to do to sell my house Detroit“?
We have a few tips on ways to get your home ready to sell if you want top dollar from the market:
*NOTE: Below are the instructions if you are looking to get full retail value for your house sale. But, if you do not want to do all the things listed… or just don’t have all the money or time that is needed to do the things below… you can still sell your Detroit house fast for a fair value in a win-win sale which will save you time and expense.
1) Clean, clean and clean. You must impress the buyers that walk through. Vacant houses get dusty and dirty! Nothing short of gleaming perfection will get you that high price. If you are not a total clean freak, hire that job out to a person who will help you out until you sell.
If you’re not the cleanest of people, consider finding somewhere else to live while your house is shown to buyers. Maybe you can bribe your cleanest friend to trade houses with you? Seriously, keeping everything immaculate will really help any buyer feel comfortable in the house. Nothing stops people faster from buying faster than feeling that the house is dirty.
2) Cultivate a cohesive, neutral style. It’s not necessary to paint everything off-white. Actually, some colors can really help with the perception of spaces. Soft yellow can help brighten up a dark kitchen, deep dark blue or green will help a bright bedroom to feel like a calm place to sleep (but be careful, dark colors will also make rooms feel small).
And be sure to spend the money for paint that is high-quality and for professional help. Subconsciously people will offer more money for a house with just the right colors and neat lines – it makes the home feel better built, even though it’s just paint.
Optical illusions are real, and psychologists study this stuff. Don’t believe me?
Look it up. And don’t neglect the outside and just do the inside, or anything else that’s unbalanced.
3) Fix or replace anything that’s broken. Yeah, it might seem like money wasted to spend an extra couple hundred bucks on a dishwasher that someone else might just get rid of and replace. But really, a lot of buyers during their home inspection will use the opportunity to negotiate with you. As the seller, you’ll often end up paying more if you try to hide neglected maintenance from the purchaser – and of course you don’t want to be guilty of fraud.
Make sure you stay in compliance with all the laws.
It is often good money spent to hire an inspector to walk the house before you place the property on the market. Also, if you ask beforehand, they might charge you a tiny price to come back after you have done a number of minor repairs and deliver you a clean bill of health. Prospective buyers would find it very beneficial to see an independent report on the house’s condition – it makes them feel very comfortable with the purchase.
4) Make only necessary improvements. One of the bigger mistakes people make when getting their house ready to sell is making too many improvements. Quite often they’ll spend too much money on customized frills that just won’t be recovered in the sale price.
Paint is about the only safe investment – it is easy to overspend on almost everything else, and it is easy to get ripped off by unethical contractors.
It’s important to know what improvements will produce a return on investment to avoid wasting money.
5) Get expert opinions. You should try to find at a few good real estate brokers who will help you price your property. But be sure to be honest with them. If you are planning on marketing the property on your own, don’t lie about your intentions and make enemies. Great brokers are rare, but they are more beneficial for their clients than they earn.
6) Have a really great marketing plan. Great brokers earn their value by being awesome at marketing and spreading the advertising expenses across many clients. It can get very expensive and time-consuming to start from scratch on your own, so if you’re already a marketing expert you’ll be miles above everyone else.
But if you are not, spend the time with the best brokers and listen to what they do to sell houses in Detroit – just to educate yourself on the options.
7) Get a cash offer. We buy houses all over the Detroit area, and we do all the work so you don’t have to deal with any of this stuff.
Don’t Want To Do The Things Above Yourself? But Still Want To Sell Your Detroit MI House Fast?
While everyone wants to get as much as they possibly can from their house sale… not everyone can do the things or want to do the things required to sell it at full retail value to an end buyer.
Making the repairs, cleaning the property up, upgrading the property, marketing the property… those all take money and can take lots of time.
If you have the money and time to do these things... AND you can wait the amount of months it takes to sell houses on the market… then you would be better off financially to do those things then list it on the MLS (the main property listing service that real estate agents use).
If you don’t have the money and time to do these things... AND cannot wait these many months months for the house to sell… then you might just be a perfect fit for our local Detroit house buying service. You just have to submit basic info about your house over here on our website, we can come out and evaluate your house, we will then make you a fair all-cash offer on your house, and you can decide if it is the right fit for you.
Then we can close FAST (often times within 7 days) if you need us to.
Check out what we can pay you not to have to worry about anything versus the hassle, expense and time involved with doing it by yourself.
So if you are still asking yourself “what do I need to do to sell my house Detroit“… now you have two very good options.
- Make all the repairs to the property and get it clean and ready following the steps above to sell it for as much as the market will bear
- Let us do everything and even make you a cash offer on the house in AS-IS condition, Saving you time and money, and will get all of the hassle of doing anything out of your hands.
So, if you have to sell a property near Detroit, we can help.
We buy houses from people who need to sell very quickly